Here’s another piece of information about Popular Types of Spider Plants and also how to grow different Varieties. You will be notified here about the 10 popular types of spider plants and how to grow different varieties. Many of you guys don’t even know about spider plants. If you remember then it’s very good, if not then don’t worry here it will provide knowledge regarding spider plants and how to grow them.
Firstly, the most important thing which you must know is about spider plants. Let’s elaborate more.
What are Spider Plants?
Spider plant scientifically named Chlorophytum Comosum. It is labeled the spider plant because its appearance is like a spider. Spider Plants are considerably popular and notable among all houseplants.
It is simple to grow in the house. This plant is primarily prominent among beginners, being manageable to produce and able to flourish in any condition. Its leaves are evergreen, good in texture, and quick growth rate.
Benefits of spider plants :
- The spider plant works as an indoor air purifier. As it removes all the toxic chemicals in the air and makes an individual house clean.
- It also gives rise to a decrease in anger, depression, and anxiety making an individual happy always.
- Cleaning the chemical in the air also helps in improving the health of the person, which is more required to stay out of diseases that are caused by the air.
10 Popular Types Of Spider Plants
Magnifying it further, the zebra plant has arching leaves with a layout of white or cream brighter in color at the edge. This plant herbage has a compatible texture with grass and is possible to stay shorter.
The Zebra plant generates a surplus of baby plants from the verges(ends) of its stems, bringing about an incredible contender for propagation.
To know more about the plant world, you may also read related articles, Best Air Purifying Plants for your Indoor Garden or Bedroom
The bonnie plant or recognized as the curly spider plant. Make sure to plant it in common well-drained soil. The unique feature of this plant is formal green with white stripe variegation of the vittatum having an impressive curl and swirl leaves.
Bonnie plants need a bright light or screened sunlight for the best transition and active leaf colors. The growth of this plant is very artistic and it will enhance the look of your home too. And a good gift for your families.
Ocean Spider Plant
Detailing ocean spider plants, it is one of the best and most manageable to look after among all the houseplants, making your room look more beautiful and a perfect choice.
The ocean spider plant is the most attractive and a bit variegated, with creamy edges and green in the center. The tiny white flower pattern on the long narrow stem appears to stroll in the air. One thing I always keep in mind is not to set spider plants in full sun.
Variegated Spider Plant
It has long, narrow leaves white and green in color, and flowers on long stems but there are small plantlets that develop on them. Keep at indirect sunlight as direct sunlight will burn the leaves and turn brown which seems very odd.
The Airplane plant is a clump-forming category with extended leaves that have a cascading impact when cultivated in a hanging basket. It generates panicles of white flowers with six petals that are organized in a star shape. If these flowers are furthermore sown then it gives birth to the new plant.
Variegated Bonnie Spider Plant
Growing this plant in the home is a great way to inaugurate some color to a closet of your living. Bonnie means the curly leaves of the plant.
Hawaiian Spider Plant
The Hawaiian spider plant is also identified as the golden plant. Despite having green leaves like another plant this will have a yellow complexion in the middle of the leaves. Its growth can attain 12 inches.
Reverse Spider Plant
It’s easy to depict it as the name indicates. The leaves of this plant are reversed from each other.
Fire Flash plant quoted as Chlorophytum Orchidastrum Green Orange. Its quality peaks varied from other spider plants. This plant has a bright orange color from the bottom and grows green leaves broad in size.
Green Spider Plant
If you want to buy full greenery and a bold single-color plant then go for a green spider plant. It looks banging.
How do you grow different varieties?
Activities do before planting-
- Search for the best place to locate the spider plant correctly where there are indirect sunlight passes so that it will not harm the leaves and grow well.
- You can keep it in a room, for a more attractive look or can hang it by putting it in a basket. It will make you easily take care of it.
Steps how to plant the spider plant-
- Firstly remove the plant from the container in which it is kept when you brought it.
- Remove the soil, and create a well-drained potting mix for the plant.
- Select a pot or a plastic container larger in size than the recent plant pot. Make sure that the pot has a hole below it.
- Add potting to the lower area of the container so that it will fix properly at the same level as in the previous one.
- Locale the plant in that container and load the space left with soil, so that it will mature well in the new habitat.
- Do give water thoroughly to the plant. Don’t overload it, make sure to water only when the top area has dried up.
In this guide, you come to know that the Spider plant is scientifically named Chlorophytum Comosum. It is labeled the spider plant because its appearance is like a spider. Spider Plants are considerably popular and notable among all houseplants. It is simple to grow this plant in the house. This plant is primarily prominent among beginners, being manageable to produce and able to flourish in any condition. Its leaves are evergreen, good in texture, and quick growth rate. Read the guide fully to know more about it.
Are Spider Plants Easy to Care for?
Spider plants are one of those plants that need less care for their maintenance. They demand low care for their growth, so growing them at home is a great option.
Are Spider Plants toxic to humans and pets?
People might assume that spider plants are toxic to humans and even pets but guys it is not true. They are not toxic for them. Even pets like the taste of this plant.
How fast do Spider Plants grow?
Spider plants tend to grow inch by inch in a year. They can attain a mature size in 5-10 years. They will grow with time.
- Ping Tung Eggplant – How to grow and care for Ping Tung Eggplant? - January 1, 2023
- Dusty Miller Plants – Tips For Dusty Miller Care - January 1, 2023
- Do Deer Eat Pumpkins and Squash? (7+ Ways to keep them away) - January 1, 2023