Heu folks! Welcome back!!
Today I am here with an informative guide that includes brilliant types of striped houseplants. You know decorating your indoor area gives you an aesthetic vibe. So, why not to do so? Adding striped houseplants in your area will add a stunning look to your indoor area.
Providing your area with a leafy base and green-colored texture looks aesthetically pleasing. There are various brilliant striped houseplants like Aloe, English ivy, Ti plant, Pleomele, Prayer plant, and many more explained below.
So, let’s get started to know about the brilliantly striped houseplants in detail.
20+ Brilliant Striped Houseplants(with photos)
Below is the list of various striped houseplants to grow in your indoor garden:
- Rex begonia
- Spider plant
- Snake plant
- Inch plant
- Oyster plant
- English ivy
- Iron cross begonia
- Peacock plant
- Prayer plant
- Nerve plant
- Ti plant
- Zebra plant
- African masks
- Purple Passion
Let’s know about them in detail:
- One of the appreciable varieties that falls in the striped houseplants category is the rex begonia which has great foliage.
- It has various cultivars that are available widely in shades of pink, silver, green, red, purple, white, and many more.
- Every cultivar has its leaf shapes and sizes, you know people grow Rex begonia because of its amazing foliage.
- You will observe its pink-colored blooms at the time of spring. It required bright indirect sunlight for its growth. It grows about 2 feet high and 2 feet wide.
- Spider plants scientifically known as Chlorophytum comosum are not difficult to grow as all they need is a good level of humidity which will be received by them in your area.
- It is the best choice as they are the best-striped houseplants. They will even look great if you plant them in the hanging baskets.
- They are one of the easiest plants to grow as they require minimal water for their growth and require very little sunlight to grow.
- You know it gets its name from its plantlets that look like spider legs. Provide good care to the plant otherwise, you will observe the yellowing of spider plant leaves.
- The snake plant is one of the Striped houseplants that will thrive well in low sunlight.
- So, adding them to your garden area will be great as it will only receive natural low sunlight.
- Water them very little as overwater will harm the plant’s growth. Being a beginner, it would be great to add the plant to your collection.
- Keep the plant fuller by feeding it with its basic requirements like low sunlight, good level of humidity, etc.
- Inch plants are considered as one of the Striped houseplants that tend to produce unique foliage in your area which grows at a faster speed.
- Even, They even tend to grow about 1 inch every day, and from this thing, they got their name as inch plant.
- They are not attention seekers when it comes to watering them or maintaining them as they like everything on average.
- They are specifically known as Tradescantia zebrina and require bright indirect sunlight for their growth.
- The oyster plant is considered the relative plant of the inch plant. They are the gorgeous striped houseplants that look amazing in with the other plants in the area.
- They are one of the low maintenance plants as a groundcover. Growing them with their required climatic conditions would be excellent for these plants.
- Feeding them with plenty of sunlight will benefit them. It will show you its purple colored and green colored stripes on the leaves.
- It also tends to trail like the inch plant and drape out of the pots. The pruning of this plant is important from time to time.
- Bromeliad is another type of Brilliant Striped houseplant that produces bright-colored foliage in the plant.
- Being a tropical plant, it will require more moisture as compared to other plants for its growth
- It is also considered an ornamental plant as they are easy to grow and maintain in your area.
- Also, many varieties of Bromeliad plants can be grown in your area and it will add elegance to your area.
- The aloe plant is one of the easy-to-care plants that has brilliantly striped on it and is known as one of the best-striped houseplants.
- It has long leaves that look like a vase-shaped from its center.
- You can grow this variety and provide them with a Sunny environment by placing them near your kitchen window.
- It tends to grow about 3 feet high and 3 feet wide And requires dry soil for its growth.
- Another plant that falls under the Brilliant Striped houseplants is the English ivy which is best suited for hanging pots.
- They are even used as a ground cover and grow about 6 to 12 inches tall.
- This plant requires bright indirect sunlight for its growth and temperatures range between 55 to 70°F to grow well as a houseplant.
- You have to place the plant on the shelf where its stems can hang as it will grow more like this. Pruning is required as the stems will grow at a faster pace.
Iron cross begonia
- Iron cross begonia is known for its stunning foliage that looks eye-catching. It is considered one of the best-striped houseplants.
- This plant gets its name from its leaves that contain the brown colored markings on it, and look like an iron cross on shields.
- You have to feed the plant with a good amount of humidity, and if not, then you will observe brown-colored leaves and leaf edges.
- Water your plant less, if you will observe the yellow-colored leaves in the plant.
- The peacock plant is one of the bold plant choices for any gardener. It has patterned leaves that attract everyone. That is why it is known as the brilliant striped houseplant.
- Its leaves have silver colored and green markings on the surface of it and the red colored markings at its back which makes the plant a beauty plant from all the angels.
- You have to provide this plant with warm climatic conditions to see its better results with a high level of humidity.
- It is scientifically known as Calathea makoyana and will grow best in bright indirect sunlight and the temperature range lies between 70 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do you want to add the pretty collection to your area? If yes, then why not choose the prayer plant for your garden area? It is one of the striped houseplants that will add more green color to the area.
- It is scientifically known as Maranta leuconeura and tends to grow in medium sunlight. The temperature range required by these plants is 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This plant has markings on its leaves that are brownish or purple that attract everyone. It required a high level of humidity for its growth.
- So, keep the soil moist in the plant except for the time of winter as at that time, the plant is in its dormant period.
- Nerve plants also known as fittonia plants fall in the category of Brilliant Striped houseplants that grow about 8 inches high.
- They like a good level of humidity, warm conditions, and a good amount of sunlight for their growth.
- You have to keep the soil lightly moist so that it thrives well and also keep misting the plant with water so that the level of humidity remains maintained.
- Additionally, pinch off the stems for a dense look on the plant so that your area looks good.
- Dracaena is one of the plants that have unique foliage and is one of the striped houseplants to grow in your home garden as it will elegance to your area.
- Its largely shaped foliage attracts everyone, also its strap-like leaves in the shades of white, red, and cream look mesmerizing.
- When you plant it on the table, then you can choose a young plant as larger plants need floor area as it’s spacious.
- These plants will grow about 6 feet tall and about 3 feet wide. They require bright indirect sunlight for their growth.
- Pleomele is scientifically known as Dracaena reflex which tends to grow in the medium sunlight. It allows keeping the soil dry between waterings so that the plants grow best.
- Benign a shrubby plant, You can add this plant with other varieties of plants in the area as they will add an elegant look to your collection.
- It produces green-colored solid leaves in the plant. Feed your plant with a temperature range of about 65-75°F.
- Pleomele can grow about 3 feet high and 3 feet wide. You have to prune the plant to emerge new growth in the plant.
- Ti is one of the fast-growing plants that is also called one of the brilliantly striped houseplants.
- It tends to grow in areas with a warm atmosphere and its lance-structured leaves attract everyone and come in various shades.
- If you will grow this plant outside, then it will feed you with the blooms and berries. It is native to Australia, Asia, and the Pacific islands.
- You will observe it grow about 10 feet high and it belongs to the asparagus family. Do not eat its berries as it’s toxic.
- Haworthia is a succulent that will grow well without water for long. So, you have to water this one of the striped houseplants once time in a week so that it provides you with the desired results.
- Though there are numerous types of Haworthia, the famous one is zebra Haworthia which tends to produce dark green coroed leaves in the plant with a white striped it.
- Make sure to provide your plant with well well-drained pot so that it grows well.
- Benign a slow-growing plant, it can live about 50 years or more than that. So, you can enjoy the benefits of this long-lasting plant in your garden.
- The Zebra plant is a tropical plant that tends to produce broad-shaped leaves in the plant.
- Its leaves are ornamental so it will be best suited to your location with its white veins that look stunning.
- It is also considered one of the Brilliant striped houseplants that cherish you with its gold-colored blooms that are a few inches long.
- You need to keep the plants happy so provide them with a humidity level of about 60 -70% and feed them with good amount of bright indirect sunlight.
- Croton is one of the famous varieties that fall in the category of best Striped houseplants.
- It has bright foliage and produces multi-coloured leaves in the plant so it would be a great choice for a bathroom area.
- It tends to grow about 6 feet high and 3 feet wide, so make sure to give it some space in your area.
- You have to water the plant when the top inches of the soil becomes dry, make sure not to water the plants in the time of winter.
- What about African masks? It is one of those striped and popular houseplants that belong to the Elephant Ear family. It is not easy to find this variety.
- Its leaves are different and have a glossy base, followed by white beans and a deep green-colored texture.
- When you will observe the plant is getting mature, it will attain a height of 24 inches tall.
- The lifespan of this plant is about five years but you can regrow it by dividing the plant.
- Purple passion is also one of the best-striped house plans that produces fuzzy foliage in the plant and makes it an interesting plant
- It is a fast-growing plant and looks more amazing in the hanging baskets.
- It can be easily grown through cuttings and grow up to 2 feet high.
- It tends to grow in bright indirect sunlight and the temperature range lies between 85°F and moist soil for its growth.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know that Adding striped houseplants in your area will add a stunning look to your indoor area. Providing your area with a leafy base and green-colored texture looks aesthetically pleasing.
There are various striped houseplants like Aloe, English ivy, Ti plant, Pleomele, Prayer plant, and many more. Read the whole guide to understand it properly.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!