Know about some beautiful and best Hydrangea for Cut Flowers in this article. Hydrangeas are a popular choice for gardeners because of their bushy growth habits, perennial blooms, and high-yielding flowers. The best way to showcase hydrangeas is in flower arrangements. There are many colors, including white wedding bouquets, bright sky blue, and stunningly vivid, almost-burgundy-colored deep pinks.
- This message is conveyed beautifully by hydrangea flowers. They were first discovered in Japan.
- Their name derives from the Greek word “Hydor”, which stands for water, as well as the Greek word “angles”, which denotes a jar.
- They are star-shaped flowers that are packed together very closely, making them soft and lacy balls.
- Its most popular styles include lace-cap flowers which are flat and round and mop-head flowers that resemble pom-poms.
- These flowers are available in a variety of colors, including blues, pinks, and soft whites.
- Because of their round shape, these flowers are a symbol of gratitude, pride, and heartfelt feelings.
- These flowers are beloved for their boldness and are our fourth wedding anniversary flowers.
Here is a list of some of the stunning flowers. Continue scrolling!
8+ Best Hydrangea for Cut Flowers
1. Hydrangea Arborescens Annabelle
Annabelle is a beautiful hydrangea with its large, round green flowers and off-white petals. It is a native American plant.
The roots and leaves can also be used medicinally. This full, lush shrub requires plenty of space to display its stunning beauty.
2. Hydrangea Macrophylla Lemon Hoff
Like most hydrangeas, Lemmonhoff is German-born.
Lemmonhoff, a large-blooming hydrangea flower with rich blue to pastel pink blooms, is a tall and graceful one.
It has deep serrated dark green leaves.
3. Hydrangea Macrophylla Nikko Blue
Nikko bloom is one the most beautiful blue flowers you can ever see. This flower can add a wonderful splash of color to your garden or living room. The plant starts with cream-colored flowers with blue margins. As the plant matures, it turns to a beautiful solid blue.
This flower has large, tooth-edged leaves that are emerald and green. This flower is adorned with deep green leaves. You can get its seeds from American meadows (US), art nurseries (Canada), fast-growing trees(US), etc.
For more such plant related-articles, you may also read, Pink Hydrangea Types – How to choose Pink Hydrangea for your Garden?
4. Hydrangea quercifolia Munchkin
Munchkin flowers from early summer to midsummer, and they continue almost until the end of the season. The blossom turns pink as it matures from white.
This compact hydrangea does not need to be maintained for many years. It is a striking hydrangea with bright green leaves and red leaves.
5. Hydrangea Macrophylla Alpengluhen
Glowing Embers, a large, showy, crimson-red hydrangea, has shiny, dark green leaves and is very attractive.
To add warmth and rich color to your garden, plant them as a hedge. The leaves are 10 inches high and have a green color.
6. Hydrangea Aspera Robusta
Robusta is the most widespread and largest Aspera variety. As they age, the flowers turn slightly pink and become whiter.
Large silvery green leaves are the main components of foliage. They have a rough texture.
7. Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Forever Pink’
Forever pink is a dwarf plant that grows vigorously and bears bright pink flowers of 4 inches. As it ages, the pink turns to red.
Its rich green leaves are a striking contrast to the dark green of its darker green leaves. It thrives in the sun or semi-shade.
8. Hydrangea macrophylla Wee Bit Grumpy
Wee Bit Grumpy is an extremely prolific and compact bloomer that produces dense clusters of flowers in vivid pink, purple, or blue. This variety was specifically developed for high color saturation.
It is ideal for fresh-cut flowers and dried arrangements. You can also enjoy your blooms throughout the year because it has moderate disease resistance.
All hydrangeas are capable of being grown in containers. However, Wee Bit Grumpy is more at home in containers because of its 3-foot spread. This variety is a great choice for both centerpieces and bouquets. You can get its seeds from Veseys (Canada), plant addicts(US), sooner plant farms (US), etc.
9. Hydrangea arborescens Incredibleball
Without mentioning weddings, it’s impossible to talk about hydrangeas. Incrediball is the best choice if you are looking for white varieties to use in wedding bouquets and other arrangements.
Although the flowers are naturally white, they will gradually turn greener as they age. They are almost like giant clovers and form large clusters of up to 12 inches in diameter.
This is a smooth hydrangea. It produces flowers on new wood. Pruning is easy for these plants to maintain their health and continue producing huge blooms. You can get its seeds from proven winners(US), home depot(US), etc.
In this guide, you learn about the best hydrangea for cut flowers. Hydrangeas are a popular choice for gardeners because of their bushy growth habits, perennial blooms, and high-yielding flowers. The best way to showcase hydrangeas is in flower arrangements. There are many colors, including white wedding bouquets, bright sky blue, and stunningly vivid, almost-burgundy-colored deep pinks. So read the whole guide so that you understand it properly.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!
How do I keep my cut hydrangeas fresh?
You can keep the cut hydrangeas fresh by trimming their stems at an angle. Even mist the flowers daily so that they remain hydrated. Put those cut stems in the water.
Does hydrangea make a good cut flower?
Hydrangea makes a good cut flower as it is one of the long-lasting cut flowers that give great results. By taking care of them, you can maintain the growth of the plant.
- Chicken Manure: Ways to Compost Chicken Manure for Increasing Fertilization - September 23, 2023
- Brilliant plants under trees: 10+ varieties to grow in your garden - September 21, 2023
- 30+ Best Pink Bell-Shaped Flowers To Grow In Your Garden - September 19, 2023