Hey folks!!! Today I am here with a plant that will steal your attention. One of the most liked plants by farmers is Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’. It is the stunning variety of the Alocaisa family that will not find easily as it is uncommon.
So, you should feel lucky if you can find one. It has amazing characteristics that will cherish you as it does not demand much maintenance like other plants. It will mind blow you with its dazzling beauty.
So, let’s get started to know how to grow and care for Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’ easily with the help of this guide.
|Sunlight||Bright indirect sunlight|
|Water requirements||Moderate watering|
|Pruning||Prune during the growing season|
|Mature size||12 to 18 inches high|
|Bloom Time||Late spring to early summer|
Growing Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’
Growing a plant is not easy, but it becomes easier with the help of this guide. They prefer to develop new plants with the help of the Root division method. So, let’s follow the steps:
Step 1- First, you have to pull the root ball from the pot.
Step 2- Shake it to Remove all the excess soil from it if possible you can remove all the soil.
Step 3- Also, you will observe the individual corms that might be twisted so you have to apart them.
Step 4- By cutting it, you can choose a pot with good drainage holes.
Step 5- As you know each plantlet has roots and leaves so you can put them in different containers.
Step 6– In a pot filled with good potting mix, you have to put them and let your plant grow by fulfilling all its needs mentioned below in the guide.
Caring for Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’
Hey folks, are you worrying if your plant will grow healthier or not? We are here for you guys.
As I mentioned above that this plant does not ask for much maintenance like other plants, so it becomes easy for you to care for them in a proper routine.
So, make sure to nourish your plants with all your care and efforts. So, let’s know about some of the caring tips:
- Humidity and temperature
Let’s throw some light on all the caring tips in detail:
- Alocasia cuprea plants prefer to grow in the indirect sunlight especially when the rays pass through the large tree leaves.
- You have to feed them with sunlight for about six to eight hours a day when you plant them indoors as a houseplant.
- Make sure your plant is not getting exposed to full sun as it will burn the plant’s leaves and directly harm its growth.
- Also, you can place them near east windows as they are one of the east-facing window plants that like to grow well there.
- The basic requirement of the Alocasia cuprea is water as it is the medium by which the plant will grow and attain a mature size. The same is the case with this plant to live long.
- It will not need much water to grow as it is not demanding.
- You can water Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’ 2-3 times a week when they are growing actively.
- Let the soil dry out first, then water your plant so that it does not become waterlogged.
- Make sure you are not overwatering your plant as it harms the growth of the plant so provide your plant with moderate water.
Humidity and Temperature needs
- Alocasia cuprea likes to remain in warm temperatures. This is the reason why they like the indoor space more in comparison with the outdoors.
- The best temperature range for them lies between 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit during the day time whereas 54 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
- Being a tropical plant, they like to be in the high humid places. And the best level of humidity for them will be 80%.
- It becomes a difficult task to create this much humidity in your area, so you have to make use of a humidifier so that it increases the level of humidity.
- Last but not least, you can even keep your plants in the kitchen or bathroom as they are more moist.
- Soil is needed by Alocasia cuprea to grow well and that too the well-drained soil.
- Mixing peat moss, and coco coir will help the plant to improve its nutrient value and grow more vigorously.
- Make use of sterilized soil so that the plant does not get affected by the fungus.
- The best pH level for Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’ is 5.5-6.5 which should be mildly acidic.
- The investment in fertilizer is a great one as it will give you magical returns. Alocasia cuprea plant is one of the heavy feeders that it needed to be fertilized after every 2 weeks.
- At the time when the plant is growing actively, it needs to be fertilized more except in the case at the time of winter.
- Making use of diluted commercial fertilizers is good for the plant.
- When you dilute the mixture, it helps the plant to grow more and hurt less.
Potting & Repotting needs
- One of the other needs of the plant is to be Repotted after every 2 years so that the size of the plant remains maintained.
- You need to wait for the time when the plant overgrows and its roots come out from the drainage holes. Then is the time to repot your plants.
- When you repot the plant, at that time you have to choose a pot an inch bigger than the previous one.
- It is suggested to repot your plant in the springtime as the plant grows actively at that time.
- Make use of fresh potting mix when your Repot the plant and also, drain off all the excess soil from the roots before repotting.
- Last but not least, Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’ like to be pruned occasionally so that they attain a good size.
- It is recommended to trim off the dead leaves from the plant so that new growth emerges in the plant.
- At the time of spring, pruning your plant will be best to do so.
- When you observe that the foliage is healthy then there is less need to trim off the leaves.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know about the best plant namedAlocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’. It is one of the attractive plants that steals everyone’s attention towards them and is adored by all, especially when it comes to its foliage. I hope you are clear with the process of growing Alocasia Cuprea ‘Red Secret’ in your home garden as it is the easiest to grow. If not, then you can read out the whole guide to understand it properly.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!