This article will be acknowledging the readers about some of the Best pH Meters to test Soil Conditions. Soil is the main hub of all the necessary nutrients required by plants during their growth. Every gardener must know the importance of good soil conditions to grow a plant. So, if you are thinking of planting, first of all, you must consider the place where you will grow your plants.
- Some types of plants require loamy or clay soil and some demand others.
- It is very much necessary to have a look at the soil conditions so that your plant would grow healthier.
- The pH level of the soil plays an important role. Also, you can get to know about the best Fiddle Leaf Figs, Birds of Paradise Plants, Raised Beds, etc.
In this article, we will discuss why pH level is an important factor to take into consideration. Additionally, we will suggest the ten best pH test kits for checking the conditions of your soil so that you won’t face any problems in the future.
10 Best pH Meters to Test Soil Conditions
After you learn how important it is to know the pH level of the soil, the second step is how you can check it and make changes according to that. For this purpose, you can use pH testing kits that are easily available on the market. There are so many varieties, so to make your work easier we are listed the top 10 best pH meters below:
1. AgoKud Soil PH Meter
The best product with 4.6 ratings on Amazon provides you with four amazing features. You can use this device as a soil pH meter to measure soil pH, moisture, temperature, and light intensity accurately. It is very easy to use with its compact size and portability. It is widely used by gardeners.
- 4 in one function.
- Easy to read and use.
- Compact and portable.
2. Apera Instruments pH 20 Waterproof pH Tester Kit
The Apera Instruments pH meter kit is a fantastic all-around option for keeping healthy soil through routine pH monitoring. High-quality plastic is used, and AAA batteries power it. According to Amazon’s rating, it is 4.5 out of 5. It is a nice product with a 6-month warranty and it is fully waterproof.
- Up to 2000 hours of operation.
- Recognition of stable values.
- High response speed.
3. Kelway HB-2 Soil pH and Moisture Meter
This two-in-one item is a great choice for gardeners who want to test pH both indoors and outside since it has the appearance and feel of a strong flashlight with a tapered end. This kit is best for people who are careless about handling the kits. It is made for rough handling. It has a 4.2 rating on Amazon.
- pH levels are measured from 3.5 to 8.
- Soil moisture is measured from 0% to 100%.
- No chemicals, distilled water, or external electric power source are necessary.
4. VIVOSUN 3-in-1 Soil Tester, Plant Moisture Meter Light, and PH Tester
This is our fourth preference with a rating of 4.1/5 on Amazon. It is most popular among all the average indoor gardeners due to its functions offered at such a minimal cost.
It is not considered by many people because it does not give you accurate value but instead tells you the major imbalances with the soil.
- 3 in one function.
- Compact and easy to use.
- ph levels are measured from 3.5 to 8 and light intensity from 0 to 2000 with a moisture range of 1 to 10.
5. Hanna Instruments HI 9813-6N Waterproof pH/EC/TDS Meter
It provides precise TDS readings from 0 to 1999 ppm, full-scale pH readings, and EC values between 0.00 and 4.00 mS/cm. The LCD screen’s sharpness is a notable feature. It is the most durable device that can easily work in the temperature range from 0°- to 140°F. The 4.4 rating of this device exactly depicts the features and satisfaction of people.
- Automatic temperature compensation(ATC).
- Low battery alert system.
- Onscreen instructions and calibration manuals.
6. BlueLab pH Pen
This is another best pH test pen that give a highly accurate value. If you are growing hydroponic plants, then there is a need to maintain the accurate pH level of the soil. In that case, we recommend you use this device. With 4.5/5 ratings on Amazon, this device offers you features like Complete water resistance and automatic temperature adjustment with a complete 1-year warranty with a purchase receipt.
- Not only water resistant but completely waterproof.
- Simple calibration with two points for precision.
- Warranty for a year of tranquility.
7. Sonkir MS02 3-in-1 Soil Meter
The use of the best sensors makes this test kit more accurate with added capabilities for evaluating light and moisture without using batteries or other power sources. The rating is quite low on Amazon(4.1 out of 5). Be sure to water your soil before using this device or the needle would not respond. It does not tell the pH level of other sources.
- It is robust.
- Simple to use.
- As advised, use.
8. Kensizer Soil Tester Soil Moisture pH Meter
This is two in one product that can be used to test both moisture and pH levels of the soil. Clear reading dashboard with an arrow pointer, huge number, and broad scale interval. It’s portable and lightweight, making testing on the road easy. There is no battery necessary and with a 4.3 rating, it depicts quality assurance.
- Moisture and pH test in one kit.
- Single probe detection.
- No battery is required.
9. Lawnful Digital Soil pH Meter Industrial Grade
It is lightweight and portable, weighing only 160 grams. Low power consumption: The product’s 3 AA batteries, which are already included, may last for 5 years. With a 4.4 rating on Amazon, it has a one-year warranty and gives you an accurate result.
- Portable and Waterproof.
- LCD and 4 in one function.
- Widely used for industrial purposes.
10. Oakton EcoTestr Pocket pH Meter
An outdated model of a digital pH tester that fits in your pocket is the Oakton EcoTestr. The cap may be fastened to the pen’s other end when in use, and also has a bigger battery life indicator display. The major drawback of this pH meter is it requires frequent calibration.
- An additional key offers a simpler, more user-friendly interface.
- Temperature and pH values on the display.
- An enhanced cap makes it more stable.
Tips to get accurate pH measurements
Even if you have the best device, there are chances of mistakes that may cause a difference in the truth value of the pH. If you are using these kits for the first then we suggest you follow the tips given below for measuring the accurate values.
- Firstly you need to water your plant thoroughly. But make sure to check immediately after watering your plant so that there should be no change in the pH value due to water.
- The test is always at room temperature. pH value is inversely proportional to the temperature so, the temperature may change the value of pH.
- If exposed to extremely high or low temperatures, high humidity, or fluids, pH meters may lose their calibration. So, calibrate your pH meter.
What is the use of pH kits?
Before this, you need to know why you should know the pH level of the soil. We all know that soil can be naturally acidic or alkaline. The amount of nutrients and other substances that are soluble in soil water and hence accessible to plants depends on the pH of the soil.
While certain nutrients are more readily available in acidic environments, others are more readily available in alkaline environments. From this, you can get an idea about the use of pH kits.
These kits are specially designed to check the pH conditions of the soil so that you can get an idea of which species of plants you can grow on that particular soil. If you talk about an ideal range of pH, would be around 6.5 to 7.5.
Most of the macro and micro-nutrients are available in this range. But this is not the compulsion. These pH testing kits have a pH buffer solution that stabilizes the pH of the soil after it reaches its ideal level.
All the test meters that we have mentioned above are the best ones. But if you are still confused about which one to use then we suggest you choose the AgoKud Soil PH Meter. You need to focus on three things before buying any meter that is measurement metrics, ease of use, and probe length. Read the whole guide for its proper understanding.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!
- How to Grow & Care for Othonna Capensis ‘String of Rubies’ (2023) - August 26, 2023
- How to Grow & Care for Philodendron Erubescens ‘Strawberry Shake’ (2023) - August 25, 2023
- How to Grow & Care for Scindapsus Pictus ‘Silvery Ann’ (2023) - August 22, 2023