How to plant, grow and care for Begonias plants? Begonias are those dazzling perennials that gardeners love to plant in their yard and even they look good when you hang them in the baskets. So, let us know about the caring tips that are required for the begonias to grow in an organized way.
If you want to grow a plant like chocolate soldier plant that can provide you with amazing flowers and good vegetation, then you can go for the begonias.
- Begonias are those dazzling perennials that gardeners love to plant in their yards and even they look good when you hang them in the baskets.
- Begonias are stunning flowers that can be grown easily if one is a garden enthusiast.
- They hold various benefits within that is why people love to grow them.
- They can be used as houseplants and summer beds.
- They originated from the tropical and also subtropical areas.
- Numerous species of begonias can exceed the number by 1500.
- There are various varieties of begonias, they come in different forms, colors, and sizes, and all holes have different features.
Though they hold some old fashion ethics there are valiant varieties too. Do you want to grow them? Are you aware of its process of growing? We will let you know in this article about the process of growing them. So, let us know about the caring tips that are required for the begonias to grow in an organized way.
Let’s begin, with “How to plant, grow and care for Begonias plants?” just like you come to know about Moroccan mound succulents “.
What are Begonias?
Begonias, do you know what are they? Begonias belong to the Begoniaceae family and are perennial that can be grown easily. The begonia plants tend to grow in the sun just like the Hottentot-fig ice plant and even in the shade. They ask for the proper fertilizer, water requirements, and soil for their growth. People used to grow begonias in their garden to add an elegant look to the garden.
Few varieties of begonias:
- Wax begonias
- Rex begonias
- Rhizomatous begonias
- Tuberous begonias
- Cane begonias
How do plant, grow and care for Begonias plants?
Begonias are stunning flowers that can be grown easily if one is a garden enthusiast. They hold various benefits within that is why people love to grow them. They can be used as houseplants and summer beds. Let us know some planting, growing, and caring tips for Begonias plants.
How to Plant Begonias?
Folks, planting begonias can be a great choice for your garden. So, let us know how to plant these begonias in the yard with the help of the following points:
- Begonias can be propagated easily if you want to. You are required to put the seeds in well-draining soil.
- You can even propagate them from the leaf cuttings by planting the cuttings in the soil.
- Try to make the soil moist.
- You will need to use the potting soil that should be rich in organic matter.
- For their growth, you have to place your begonias where they receive partial sun shade.
How to grow the begonias plant?
Do you want to know the process for the propagation of the begonias plants? If yes, then you are at the right place. For that. You need to buy some small begonia plants from the market to start the process. Let us get started by following the below steps:
Step 1- Firstly, you have to take a stem from the new plant by cutting it.
Step 2- Then, take a glass of water and put the stem in that water.
Step 3- Place the stem at the bottom of the window.
Step 4- You have to fill the glass again with the water unless they begin to sprout.
Step 5- When the roots will become mature, then you have to plant those cuttings in well-drained soil.
Step 6- Choose the right fertilizer for your begonias. By caring for them properly, they will grow the plant and you can get your desired results.
For more such plant related-articles, you may also read, Growing Rosemary from cuttings – Tips for propagating Rosemary
How can you care for the begonia plants?
Caring for begonias is important in the same way you put your efforts into propagating the begonias. So, let us know how one can care for the begonia plants by looking at the following points:
Begonias tend to thrive in the full sun, so you can plant them in an area where they receive at least 6 hours of sunlight in a day for their growth.
Whenever you feel that the soil is getting dry, then make sure that it is the right time to water the plants. Do not overwater the begonias as they can get weakened by soaking themselves in the water all day long.
It is obvious that as you have grown your plant, then you will desire to see them for a long time. For their long-lasting effect, you are needed to trim off or cut the dead leaves of the plant to make your plant happy. Faded leaves can be removed too.
Begonias require well-drained soil so that they can grow at their best. So, do not let the soil remain soggy.
Binding up the context
In this article, you come to know about the Begonias which belongs to the Begoniaceae family and is a perennial that can be grown easily. The begonia plants tend to grow in the sun like Calico Kitten Plant and even in the shade. They ask for the proper fertilizer, water requirements, and soil for their growth. People used to grow begonias in their gardens to add an elegant look to the garden. I hope this information will help you in growing the pretty begonias in your garden.
Where is the best place to plant begonias?
You can plant your begonias in the sun or even in shade, they can do their best there. Begonias can be planted in the hanging baskets which add a great look to the garden.
Do begonias spread out?
Yes, the pretty begonias can spread out by about 6-12 inches.
Are begonias easy to grow?
Yes, begonias can be grown in your garden easily. It even has various varieties so you can choose the appropriate one as per your area and your choice. They can be grown outdoors and even as houseplants.
- 12 Best Cucumber Companion Plants: What to Grow with Cucumber Plants - September 28, 2023
- Organic Mulch: 10 Best Organic Mulches for Your Garden - September 26, 2023
- How to grow phlox from seed? Growing tips - September 25, 2023