Are you looking to grow fast-growing plants in your home garden? If yes, then why not try Kalanchoe Delagoensis? It is also known as Mother of Millions which is one of the less demanding succulents to grow at home. Do you know how to grow & care for Kalanchoe Delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’? It can add a valuable addition to your garden with its amazing bushes.
Being a succulent lover, you have the choice to grow this plant in your home garden. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s proceed to know about how to grow & care for Kalanchoe delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’.
|Soil used||Well-drained soil, loamy soil|
|Water requirements||Let the soil dry out between waterings|
|Blooming time||At the time of Winters|
|Sunlight||Chandelier Plant, Mexican Hat plant, etc|
What is Kalanchoe Delagoensis?
Kalanchoe Delagoensis is also known as the ‘Mother of Millions’ plant. It is a commonly grown succulent that belongs to the Kalanchoe species.
They are recommended to grow outdoors for their amazing results. Most of the farmers like to grow this in their gardens as a hardy perennial. It is one of the drought-resistant plants.
How to grow Kalanchoe Delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’?
These plants are even called chandelier plant which is one of the amazing succulents to grow at home. It tends to produce orange-colored flowers that look attractive. By placing them in a hot environment, you will keep the plant happy. So, why wait if you want to grow Kalanchoe Delagoensis, let’s move:
Step 1- First, you have to buy seeds from the market which gives you a reasonable price.
Step 2- Choose a well-drained container and peat moss potting mix to it.
Step 3- Then by digging a hole in it, sowing the seeds in it.
Step 4- Do not plant the seeds too deep as it can harm the growth of the plant.
Step 5- You have to be patient in this process as this may take more time in comparison with the propagation process.
Step 6- When you will observe sprouts, then you can replant them in another pot in its permanent space.
This is how you are done with the process to grow Kalanchoe Delagoensis easily at home.
How to care for Kalanchoe Delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’?
Now you have grown your plant, it is time to know how to care for Kalanchoe Delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’ with the help of the following tips:
- These plants tend to grow in full sunlight for about 6 hours a day.
- When you plant them outside, morning sunlight would be suitable for your plants.
- Place them near a bright window for letting them receive bright and indirect sunlight.
- In the time of summer, feed them in the full sun with some shade too.
- You have to water only when the top layer of the soil is dry completely.
- You will come to know when the container will feel light.
- Watering them one to two times a week will be good.
- You can allow the excess water of the plant to drain out properly.
- Kalanchoe Delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’ grow properly in well-drained soil.
- Do not keep the soil wet as it can cause root rot in the plant.
- Make use of good potting mix, but also putting sand, and perlite to it so that the plant grows faster.
- One of the best soil for these plants is sandy soil and loose soil.
- It should not be there in their regular care routine. You can feed them one time in a month to see their growth.
- Cactus fertilizer will be great for these plants.
- Make sure not to use any chemicals in your plant as they will harm only.
- The fertilizer ratio can be 3-1-3 with some amount of calcium, iron, etc to it.
- Just like other plants, it needs to be pruned to let the plant attain a good size.
- You can remove the dead and affected leaves from the plant.
- Prune them at the time of spring or summer when the plant grows well.
- For encouraging new growth in the plant, trim off the leaves that affect its growth.
Some of the problems of Kalanchoe Delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions’
Every plant has its benefits and drawbacks. Its growth comes along with some of the problems that are faced by the plant. The same is the case with the Kalanchoe Delagoensis plant. Let’s throw some light on those problems and ways to prevent the plant:
One of the common problems of these succulents is the attack of pests on the plant. They tend to attack the plant by sucking its fluid and serving their hunger.
You have to remove them by rubbing the cotton on the leaves by adding alcohol to them. It will help you in preventing pests.
Some of the growing problems ate droopy leaves and sick plants. It is because of the wrong supply of nutrients to plants. It indicated that the plant is not getting enough nutrients to grow itself.
So, provide them with sufficient sunlight and water so that the plant thrives well.
Brown leaves on the plant
Last but not least, another issue is the brown turning of the leaves in the plant. It is caused due to the excess supply of sunlight or less supply of water to the plants.
So, feed them with the desired amount of light, temperature, humidity, water, etc.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know about Grow & Care for Kalanchoe delagoensis ‘Mother of Millions. If you want to grow the best succulent, then this is one for you. Even I grew this in my home garden and I am satisfied with the results. So, I recommend you grow this in your home garden to add more to your collection. For any queries, just scroll down the guide, and you will for sure come to know about it.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!
- How to Grow & Care for Philodendron Billietiae ‘Billie’ (2023) - September 1, 2023
- How to Grow & Care for lresine Herbstii ‘Bloodleaf Plant’ (2023) - August 31, 2023
- How to Grow & Care for Philodendron Squamiferum ‘Hairy Philo’ (2023) - August 31, 2023