Have you wondered why they suffer from brown-colored leaves? Do not worry all your problems will be solved in this guide. The peace lily is one of the attractive flower plants that might be grown by you in your garden. They have oval-shaped green leaves that will steal your attention. do you know why is your Peace Lily Leaves Turning Brown?
- Peace lilies are native to tropical and subtropical environments.
- Farmers grow the peace lilies outside the house in the garden area.
- Peace lilies are famous for purifying the air around them.
- These plants can be grown easily and they are best suitable for your garden area.
- It would be better for you if you know about the reasons for brown-colored leaves and also the need for prevention to take place.
- Some of the reasons for the Peace lily leaves turning brown is the root rot overwatering, underwatering, lack of nutrients, natural aging, poor drainage, and many more explained below.
You have to know about the things that could help you in fixing the brown Peace lily leaves. So, let’s start this guide so that you know about the reasons behind the brown peace lily leaves and also the ways that can help you in fixing them.
Why are peace lily leaves turning brown?
There are several reasons behind the turning of peace lily into brown. But do you know about those reasons? If not, then stay connected. You will come to know about them in the further points:
1. Improper supply of water
The foremost reason behind the turning of brown peace lily leaves is the wrong supply of water. There can be two instances in that condition, one is the overwatering of the plant, and the other is the underwatering of the plant.
At first, the plant develops brown tips, and then slowly it develops brown leaves. It is a big issue that you need to take care of.
“A Garden is a friend you can visit anytime”– By Nature Hills Nursery
2. Root rot is another cause
Another reason behind the brown leaves of the peace lilies is the root rot in the plant. It happens because of the overwatering of the plant which makes the soil soggy.
It will make the plant produce dark roots which is not a good sign.
3. Overfertilization leads to brown leaves
Fertilization is good for the plants to grow at a faster pace but providing them with excess will spoil their foliage and then their leaves which can be seen by the effect of the brown leaves. Overfertilization can also lead to black leaves.
It is needed to provide them with a balanced fertilizer so that the plant remains healthy.
4. Poor drainage system
The soil which is used by you for your plants plays an important role as without it the plant can not grow at its best.
They tend to grow in well-drained soil and if they do not get that then they begin to turn their leaves brown. It reflects that the plant is losing somewhere because of the poor caring conditions.
5. Inadequate supply of sunlight
Are you providing a sufficient amount of sunlight to your peace lilies? If yes then it is good. They tend to grow in indirect sunlight and also in partial shade.
When you plant them under direct sunlight, then the leaves of the peace lilies tend to lose their chlorophyll and gain brown-colored leaves which is not a good sign. It is better to fix this issue by reading the further guide.
|THINGS TO REMEMBER|
|1. Do not overwater the plant. |
2. Water them frequently when the soil gets dry.
3. Fertilize the plant when needed.
4. Make use of distilled water.
5. Also, provide partial shade to the plant.
How to fix the Peace lily leaves turning brown?
1. Avoid overwatering
The first thing that you need to keep in consideration is not to overwater your plant. Provide them with water as needed by them, do not give it in excess.
Make sure you keep the gap between the waterings so that the soil dries out.
2. Proper supply of sunlight
Sunlight is needed by every plant. So, provide your peace lily with indirect sunlight so they thrive well. Providing them with sufficient sunlight will not turn these leaves brown.
Place them in bright locations but indirectly under sunlight. You can make use of artificial lights.
3. Make sure you are not overfertilizing your plant
Overfertilizer leads your plant to make its leaves brown. So, there is a solution to it.
All you have to do is to remove the excess from the plant so that it feels free. Then, you can fertilize your plant once or twice a month.
4. Get rid of the pests
You might be worrying about how to get rid of the pests right? Guys need not worry as it is simple, you just need to dip a cotton ball in the alcohol and rub it on the affected areas so that it kills the pests there.
You have to do this more often in a week so that you keep the pests away fully.
5. Supply quality water to your plants
Last, but not the least, it is recommended to provide good quality water to your plants so that they do not turn their leaves brown.
Make sure to clean the water before watering your peace lilies. Either distilled water can be used to water your plants.
In this guide, you come to know that The peace lily is one of the attractive flower plants that might be grown by you in your garden. They have oval-shaped green leaves that will steal your attention. Peace lilies are native to tropical and subtropical environments. Farmers grow the peace lilies outside the house in the garden area. Peace lilies are famous for purifying the air around them. There are several reasons behind the turning of peace lily into brown. So read the guide to know about them.
1. How to tell if a peace lily is overwatered?
You can come to know if a peace lily is overwatered by checking the level of soil by putting a finger in the soil and if it feels soggy, then it is overwatered. Another thing that can be done by you is to directly observe if the plant is facing issues like root rot, then it is suffering from overwatering.
2. Why are my peace lily leaves curling?
The peace lilies tend to curl their leaves due to various factors like excess water supply, not sufficient supply of water, inadequate sunlight, and others. It helps the plant to develop curled and wilted leaves which is not a good sign.
3. Why does my peace lily have brown tips?
The brown tips on the peace lilies depict that they are not receiving proper care for their survival. They are lacking somewhere.
- Organic Mulch: 10 Best Organic Mulches for Your Garden - September 26, 2023
- How to grow phlox from seed? Growing tips - September 25, 2023
- Chicken Manure: Ways to Compost Chicken Manure for Increasing Fertilization - September 23, 2023