Before planting the Philodendron ‘Prince of Orange’ you need to get little information about them like Prince of Orange Come is considered a stunning philodendron cultivar. the Prince of Orange comes under 400 accepted species but the plant is not able to climb and have many different quality that make them different from other species of Philodendron.
- The Philodendron is taken from Greek words in which philo means love and dendron means tree.
- Philodendron ‘Prince of Orange’ generally originated from Central America and the Caribbean.
- Philodendrons ‘Prince of Orange’ is very vibrant and unique which makes them attractive.
- They do come under fairly rare hybrid that needs to be grown with some care.
- The plant does have foliage that is growing stage looks bright yellow and after maturing changes to amber and bronze and then grows into a lush and dark green color.
The following image will give a quick answer to how to care for the ‘Prince of Orange and to understand it in detail you need to read the article thoroughly:
Grow & Care for Philodendron ‘Prince of Orange’
You need to care for the Philodendron ‘Prince of Orange’ as per the plant family they are originated from tropical rainforest so if you want your plant to be grown quickly and beautifully you need to follow the below-mentioned important ways:
- Repotting and potting
- The perfect amount of light requirements for Philodendron Prince of Orange is bright but needs to be indirect light that ranges between 10,000 to 20,000 lux.
- In case you are living in an area where winter days are short there you need to provide at least 8 hours of light a day.
- You can easily get the light that is required by the plant by placing the plant to the North or east window.
- If you place the pot in a South or west-facing room you need to find a place where the full sun does not reach as it will damage the leaves of the Prince of orange.
- For watering the Prince of orange they do have the same need as rainforest plants do have.
- You can check the soil and if you find the soil damp, leave the plant alone and if the soil is dry you need to water the plant.
- For maintaining the soil moisture you need to pour water until the water is absorbed.
- The perfect range for growing prince of orange ranges from 65 to 80ºF.
- If you provide the plant with a higher temperature the plant gets a boost up in their growth.
- In case there is a temperate climate you can move the pot out in hot and humid weather.
- You need to maintain the temperature for growing plants should be above 55 ºF.
- Dont expose the plant to freezing temperatures or an air conditioning unit that will damage or kill the plant.
- The perfect humidity requirement for growing Philodendron Prince of Orange is 50% or more as the higher the humidity the better the growth of the plant.
- For maintaining the humidity of the Prince of Orange plant you can easily create a microclimate for higher humidity levels.
- You can also add pebbles of trays filled with water under the pot which will help in maintaining the plant humidity.
- For a more easy way, you can buy a small humidifier.
- The best soil that the Prince of Orange needs to both drain well and should have good moisture.
- The Prince of Orange plant grows well in spongy soil that needs to be full of organic matter.
- The pH level of Prince of Orange plants ranges between 6.0 to 7.0.
- For planting Prince of Orange it is not necessary for buying the soil mix.
- Using fertilizer to plant Prince of Orange plant is a good option but you dont feed the plant with too much amount that will hurt the plant.
- In order to add fertilizer to your plant you can add a good handful of compost during repotiing.
- The right amount of adding fertilizer is 5-5-5.
- Another way of adding the fertilizer is by diluting the liquid form of fertilizer slowly all over the soil surface and after pouring you need to water the soil.
- You can continue doing it once a month in spring and summer.
Potting & Repotting:
- If you find out that the roots of Prince of Orange are coming out of the pot you need to repot them.
- Prince of Orange needs repotting not just for root bounding the plant but more they need more room to grow.
- You need to provide the plant with a larger planter to provide Prince of Orange support to balance the weight of the leaves.
- You need to make sure that the pot does have drainage hole.
- To make the plant look beautiful and healthy you need to trim off the dead or damaged leaves as it will injure the foilage also it will attract pests.
- Always remember to wear gloves so that you dont get any sap on your skin.
- To make the Prince of Orange look good in shape you can rotate the pot a quarter every time when you water the plant.
- Turning the plant and water will help the plant not to grow lopsided.
- In the case of propagating the Prince of Orange you need stem cutting for that you need to cut a stem that needs to be below a leaf node.
- After propagating the plant you need to place the cutting in a moist growing or you can place them in a jar of water.
- You need to keep the plant moist and warm and keep.
- In case you are keeping them in a jar of water you need to change the water after every few days.
- If you keep maintaining the plant you see the roots coming out within a month.
- You can also air-layer the plantlets to the base of the mother plant.
- After seeing that new shoots are coming with aerial roots forming you have to make a small cut below a node.
For better growth and care I have explained all the main points that you need to understand for planting Prince of Orange in your house.
- Organic Mulch: 10 Best Organic Mulches for Your Garden - September 26, 2023
- How to grow phlox from seed? Growing tips - September 25, 2023
- Chicken Manure: Ways to Compost Chicken Manure for Increasing Fertilization - September 23, 2023